Other Winter sport activities
Snow-hiking and alpine ski tours in the Alta Val Pusteria
Enjoy snow and sun and a unique mountain landscape: not only skiers and snowboarders get some fun time. The same is true for lovers of quiet walks in the snow in and around our phantastic little towns. For locals as well as for the tourists there is broad selection of perfectly prepared winter walking trails. Discover the untouched Alta Val Pusteria landscape at the heart of the UNESCO world natural heritage oft he Dolomites on those snow walking trips: Either in or around or the towns or more up in the gentle hills surrounding them get new strength and inspiration in the snow under the sun where short or hours-long walking trails await you up until 1650 metres above the level of the sea.
Snow horse carriage excursions
Cozily enveloped into thick blankets Tyrolean horses will carry you through an enchanting winter landscape and the little bells which they will be wearing are your companions on these trips. This is an experience nobody will hardly ever forget and this holds true even more so as the Alta Val Pusteria is full of impressive winter trails.
Three Peaks Dolomites offers even more:
- Tobogganing is one of the most popular winter sports. Try it and combine the healthy climb on foot or comfortably by cable car with a speedy run down. A tobogganing session is always great fun, especially when there are as many attractive runs on offer as in the holiday region Three Peaks in the Dolomites. Children under 14 must wear helmets.
- Ice skating is one of the most elegant sports. Whether you skate a few rounds, enjoy a relaxing evening with friends or simply want to try to slide on the slim blades - you find the most beautiful ice rinks in Sesto, Dobbiaco and Villabassa.
- Ice stick shooting requires a touch of feeling for the sport. You should definitely try out your calm hand - ice stick shooting is suitable for men and women of (almost) all ages and is a lot of fun. Possible on lake Lago di Dobbiaco, in Villabassa and in Sesto.
- Experience the holiday region Three Peaks in the Dolomites from above: Take a flight in a hot air balloon!
- A romantic ride with a horse-drawn carriage through the dreamy winter landscape of Sesto and Dobbiaco. Whether on your own, as a couple or an adventure for the whole family. Wrapped in cosy blankets this excursion is a very special experience.
- Test your performance limits: Tennis and squash are good sports for training the speed of your reactions and ideal for improving your fitness and reducing stress.
- Climbing is offered all year round in the climbing centres of Sesto and Dobbiaco.
- Swimming and diving in the adventure pool Acquafun in San Candido. Saunas also invite you to relax.